3. Information That We Collect About You
We may collect personal data about you from different sources, including collecting personal data: (i) from you directly; (ii) when you visit the Site; and (iii) from other sources.
Superdrug will not sell your personal details to anyone.
3.1 Types of personal data we collect from you directly
We may collect personal data from you directly when you provide us with personal data so that you can register as a member of our prescription service, receive information or mailings, use Superdrug applications, use a service from us, complete a survey, make a comment or enquiry or contact our customer services. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily save that of your prescription will contain details of your NHS number which the pharmacist will populate. The types of data we may collect from you directly include your:
- postal address
- billing address
- email address
- home telephone number or mobile number
- prescription order history
- payment history
- date of birth
3.2 Types of personal data we collect when you visit the Site (cookies)
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site
3.3 Types of personal data we collect from other sources
We may receive personal data about you from other sources, which could include commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators to the extent permitted by applicable Data Protection Laws. In addition the pharmacist may receive information on your NHS generated prescription and with your consent may access the Summary Care Record help by your GP.
- The types of data we may collect from such sources include:
- street address
- your shopping habits
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests;
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
Subject to your prior consent where required under applicable Data Protection Laws, we may use your personal data
- to process your application
- to provide the services you request from us
- to respond to your queries, comments or communicate with you in the event any services are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order
- to track and analyse the use of our Site and services
- to carry out analytics and market research so that we can improve the Site and services we offer
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. You understand that in order to provide our services to you we may need to share your personal data (including sensitive medical data) with your doctor and non-medical staff working at or with Superdrug Stores plc as well as with pharmacies (including but not limited to pharmacies operated by Superdrug Stores plc), hospitals and laboratories working with us to deliver medical services to you and excluding sensitive personal data for the purposes of delivery. We ensure that any personal data we disclose in accordance with our Policy is kept to the minimum required to allow the safe and effective delivery of services to you.
- to prevent or detect fraud or other crimes and/or verify your identity
- to verify/check your credit/payment status
- to process payment instructions
- You also understand and agree, that we will use third parties to effect delivery by way of example, Royal Mail and other delivery companies to deliver medicines to you
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our services
Disclosing your personal information: in order to provide our services, we may, occasionally, appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, our panel of medical experts, technology hosts, printing companies and mailing houses. In these circumstances, we will ensure that personal information is kept secure.
We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with other information that we hold or that we may receive from third parties. We do this for marketing purposes to provide you with more targeted products and services.
5. Marketing Messages
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications regarding products or services offered by Superdrug we may send you by email details of products, services, special offers, promotions and other information. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time by changing your communication preferences in the ‘My Account’ section of the Site, via the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of every marketing email we send or by contacting the Superdrug Customer Services Team on 03456 710 709 or by email at pharmacyhelp.superdrug.com.
6. Processing Your Information
We may share your personal data with or pass it onto other companies within the AS. Watson Group and third parties which directly support our Site administration. We may use third parties to help us process and analyse your personal data, to give us insights that we can use to improve our products and services. Also, if you order a product or service from us, we may share your personal data with our suppliers and other third parties to allow delivery of the products and services you have ordered. Any such suppliers or third parties are not authorised by us to use your personal data in any other way and will be required by us to implement measures to protect your personal data. Please note that we may need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or by a warrant, subpoena or court order.
We will delete your personal data when there has been no activity on your account for 2 years.
You acknowledge and agree that Superdrug Stores plc is required by law to archive electronic patient records including your personal information, communication and treatments for a minimum of 10 years.
7. Protecting Your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs with providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved information. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting the Superdrug Customer Services Team on 03456 710 709 or by email at pharmacyhelp.superdrug.com.
9. Your Rights And Who To Contact
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- would like us to correct or update your personal data in our records
You can send an email to the Superdrug Customer Services Team on pharmacyhelp.superdrug.com you can also call our helpline on 03456 710 709 or write to us at: Superdrug Stores plc, 51 Sydenham Road, Croydon Surrey, CR0 2EU, United Kingdom.
Superdrug Stores plc Cookies Policy
1.2 You can disable the cookies from your browser at any point in time and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies”. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site and being able to make any purchases from the Site. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu, or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. To make full use of the online service and personalised features on our Site, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised and essential features of the Site by using them.
2. More Information About Cookies
- To remember your language and country preferences on the Site
- To remember what items you put in your basket on your last visit, so that we can keep your basket contents for you if you did not buy them
- To track customer behaviour such as the pages visited on your way through the Site, and the rate of basket abandonment. This helps us to improve the Site and your browsing experience
2.3 Our Site also uses some third-party tools such as Google Analytics and these third-parties may also place cookies via our Site.
2.4 Here is a full list of the cookies used on our Site. Please note that:
- some cookies are set by our Site (‘first party cookies’) and some are set by others such as Google (‘third party cookies’);
- some cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser. These are called 'session cookies'. Others stay on your computer for longer, until they expire after a fixed time. These are called 'persistent cookies', and can be used to store information between your browsing sessions, such as your preferred settings on a website, or the items that you added to your basket on your last visit.