Ordering on behalf of someone else
You can manage prescriptions on behalf of someone else by setting them up as a dependant in your own account.
For example, you may want to manage prescriptions for your parents, children, or someone else you care for.
You need to have your own account with us to use this feature.
You should have permission from the person whose prescriptions you want to manage before you set them up on your account. We'll ask you to confirm this as part of the set-up process.
Information you'll need
Before you set up a dependant in your account, you'll need the following information about the person whose prescriptions you'd like to manage:
- Their full name
- Their address
- Their contact details
- The name of their GP practice
- Details of any exemption from prescription charges they have (such as maternity exemption or over 60 exemption)
As part of the process of setting up a new dependant, we'll check to see whether the patient's GP can process electronic prescriptions.
Visit our FAQs for more information about online prescriptions.
When you set up a new dependant on your account, we'll ask you for their email address. If the patient is over 16, we'll need to contact them for approval before you can place orders on their behalf.
Easymed for Dependants
You can choose to use easymed for prescriptions for your dependants. You'll be able to opt in for this when you set up the dependant, or during the checkout process when you're placing an order for them.
While you're managing prescriptions on behalf of someone else, we'll let you know about the status of their order.
We'll send you the following updates by email and text message:
- When an exemption has been approved
- When an order has been placed
- When we've received a new prescription from the patient's GP
- When the patient's GP has approved a prescription request
- When an order has been dispatched
- If a prescription request is declined by the patient's GP
- When a repeat prescription is due
How to use the Dependants feature
If you already have an account with us, log in and navigate to the 'Dependants' tile on your dashboard.
If you don't have an account with us, you can register for one here.