How do I know if my surgery can send my prescription electronically (EPS)?
As part of the registration process, we will let you know if your GP surgery is EPS enabled or you can ask your surgery directly. If your surgery is not using EPS, we would recommend you still complete the registration. GP surgeries around the country are increasingly activating the NHS Electronic Prescription Service and as soon as your surgery chooses to do so we can let you know.
If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, there are no Electronic Prescriptions as yet and so you will need to use the following process to have your green paper prescriptions dispensed and delivered:
- Register an account with Superdrug Online NHS Prescriptions
- Place an order on Superdrug Online NHS Prescriptions for your prescription medication
- Our pharmacy team will then order your prescriptions from your GP surgery
- We will then ask your GP surgery to post the prescriptions to our dispensing Hub in Northampton
- Your medication will then be dispensed and delivered to the address you have chosen
How long will it take to receive my order?
It is important that you allow yourself plenty of time to order your prescription. We advise you to allow up to ten working days for your order to be ready. This is to provide enough time for us to send the request to your GP and receive it back, assemble, dispense and post your items out to you. We’ll email you when your medicine has been despatched.
- GP surgeries require a minimum of 2 working days to generate your prescriptions
- The prescriptions can then take up to 2 working days to arrive at our Northampton dispensing Hub
- It will then take up to 2 working days for the medication to arrive at your chosen address
- If there are any discrepancies, mistakes or missing items on your prescriptions that arrive from your GP surgery, this will take additional days to rectify
Alternatively, if you already have your green paper prescriptions you can send them free of charge to Freepost Superdrug Online Pharmacy (this is all you need to write on the envelope — no other address details are required)
Our pharmacy team will then be able to dispense your medications and deliver them to your chosen address.